If you are involved in a dispute about a .nz registration, and you have been notified of this by the Domain Name Commission, respond to the dispute here.
Your response is your chance to present arguments and evidence from your position, focusing on the complaint.
Before you begin your response
First, learn more about our dispute resolution policy. Read our Dispute Resolution Service Policy.
Plan your response.
- Read all the sections before starting.
- Review this list of past expert decisions here. These decisions may help you decide what to include in your response.
- This is a good time to get professional advice if you want it. This advice is not required for your response.
- Support your arguments with as much evidence as possible.
- Your main response can be up to 2000 words long. We recommend writing this in a MS Word or other text file and saving it, then pasting it into the form.
When you are completing this online form, know that:
- You have to complete the entire form in one session and you cannot save it.
- You can change your response while you are working, using the Back button.
- You need to print and sign the completed form. We will send you an email version of your reply when you have finished. You can print and sign this copy.
If you have any questions email us at [email protected]