Memorandums of Understanding
The Domain Name Commission enters into Memorandums of Understanding ("MOUs') with other regulatory, government and private organisations. This helps to keep .nz fair and safe for everyone.
Having close working relationships with others helps with compliance activities, information sharing, capacity building and knowledge management. While we have an excellent working relationship with many organisations, the MOU process formalises that relationship.
MOUs assist to clarify roles and responsibilities and ensure relationships are built at an organisational level and not just by senior management and staff.
We have strong ties to stakeholders through agreements in the following areas:
- Governance of .nz — Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE)
- Infrastructure abuse prevention — Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Digital safety — Te Tari Taiwhenua Department of Internal Affairs
- Data quality — Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages
- International cooperation and capacity building — .vu
- International cooperation and capacity building — .pg
Data access to withheld Whois data — Financial Markets Authority
Get in touch at [email protected] if you would like to formalise a working relationship. We are always looking to strengthen ties to organisations involved in the domain name industry, public registries, law enforcement, regulatory, compliance and enforcement, and dispute resolution activities.