Any legal entity can apply to DNCL to become an authorised .nz Registrar. Applicants will need to demonstrate experience with customer support services, appropriate technical skills and knowledge and billing capability.
Before you decide to go ahead with your application we recommend you contact us first for information – firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get started with your application as an authorised .nz Registrar, follow these steps:
- Review the technical information you need to develop an interface to the SRS. You will also understand the agreements, forms and the .nz policies and procedures that apply to .nz.
- Ensure that the contract or agreement you require your customers to sign, meets the minimum requirements specified in our Registrant Core Terms and Conditions document.
- Complete the application for authorisation as a registrar form (Form AOR1) and send with any attachments, plus pay the one off application fee of $3,000 + GST.
- Where authorisation is granted, complete the application for connection to the .nz registry form (Form CON1) and send to the address detailed on the form. Once approved the registry will contact you to arrange connection to the test SRS to ensure your smooth transition into becoming a .nz Registrar.
- Once connected, we can assist in bulk transferring existing domain names to transfer across to you from another registrar.
For more information about becoming a .nz Registrar read these FAQs or email email@example.com.