Application for a new 2LD - bank.nz
A copy of the application, and the proposed moderation policy, can be seen at
A text version is also available at http://dnc.org.nz/content//bank_application.txt.
Comments are sought on the application, and on the moderation policy that will be used to accept registrations. In particular, comment is sought on how the application met the criteria for a new 2LD, namely that the 2LD:
• Represents an identifiable, significant community of interest; where ‘significant’ can mean either quantitatively or qualitatively and the community of interest can be defined in a clear written statement
• Represents an on-going and long-lived community of interest
• Does not conflict with, duplicate or cause confusion about, any existing 2LD, and is a useful addition to the current DNS hierarchy
• Uses a name to represent the domain that is a obvious derivative of a word that properly describes the community of interest or a complete word
• Does not bring the .nz domain name space into disrepute
Submissions received are published below.
Request for submissions closed at midday on Thursday 29th March 2007.
Ministry of Economic Development - .html - .pdf
Ministry of Consumer Affairs - .pdf
Hon. Max Bradford - .html - .pdf
Reserve Bank of New Zealand - .pdf
New Zealand Association of Credit Unions - .html - .pdf
Federation of Financial Institutions - .pdf
State Services Commission - .pdf