Application for a new 2LD - .kiwi.nz
Published at 17:05 29 May 2012
An application has been received to create a new, open, second level domain (2LD) - .kiwi.nz.
Copies of the application can be seen at
.pdf - /content//kiwi_nz.pdf
.html - /content//kiwi_nz.html
Comments were sought on this application. In particular, comment was sought on how the application meets the criteria for a new 2LD, namely that the 2LD:
- Represents an identifiable, significant community of interest; where:
- 'significant' can mean either quantitatively or qualitatively; and
- the community of interest can be defined in a clear written statement
- Represents an on-going and long-lived community of interest
- Does not conflict with, duplicate or cause confusion about, any existing 2LD, and is a useful addition to the current DNS hierarchy
- Uses a name to represent the domain that is an obvious derivative of a word that properly describes the community of interest or a complete word.
- Does not bring the .nz domain name space in disrepute
Submissions ran from Monday 23 April 2012 to 5pm on Tuesday 29 May 2012. All submissions have been published on this page as they were received.
New Zealand Maori Internet Society html | pdf