Apply to be a registrar
Use this application form to join the .nz industry as a registrar. Read the support information here before applying.
Gather your documents before you begin
For your application, you will need to attach the following company documents.
- Certificate of incorporation
- Company extract
- Annual return company extract
- Financial proofs of business continuity
- Bank letter
- Registrar - Registrant agreement (Draft Agreement can be found here)
You may need 10 to 15 minutes to complete this application form.
Prepare to provide detailed responses
You will need to give us detailed responses so that we can verify your qualifications to become a .nz authorised registrar. We will ask for information about your:
- legal entity profile, history, and presence in the domain name market
- business model
- existing staff links to other registrars
- technical readiness for client application 'Shared Registry Services' (SRS) interface, including EPP and security considerations
- current support position
- data breaches and sanctions
- security breaches
- list of existing .nz domain names
- reseller information
- financial information.
Please also provide a signed copy of the following